Jose Ortega Elementary School is one of San Francisco’s best-kept secrets. Our talented, energetic teachers use activity-based instruction to challenge students to reach high academic standards in literacy, math, and science. We integrate the arts, English language development, technology, and science into each classroom’s core curriculum. On 2007 statewide benchmark tests, Jose Ortega showed the most improvement among all San Francisco Unified School District fourth-graders, according to the California State Department of Education.
- Artist-in-residence leads a school-wide arts program
- Curriculum-linked field trips
- Culturally diverse student population
- Reading and Writing Workshop programs with an on-site literacy coach
- Computers in every classroom
- Student Leadership / Student Council Program
- Green Team recycling club
- Traveling kickball program and cheerleading
- Nutrition and physical education program
School tours for children entering kindergarten in 2016 are scheduled from 8am to 9am on the following dates:
- October 15th and 22nd
- November 5th and 12th
- December 3rd and 10th
Please sign up for your preferred tour date online.